If you enjoy nothing more than seeing how your favorite poker players perform in live tournaments like the World Series of Poker (WSOP), fantasy poker could be for you. Sure, we’ve all heard of fantasy football and fantasy baseball, and have probably had a bash, or known someone that’s a fan, somewhere along the way, but how does fantasy poker work and how do you get started? In this article we’re providing the lowdown on fantasy poker.
What is fantasy poker?
Fantasy poker is just like any other fantasy sport, only its focused on the international live tournament poker circuit. Simple. When playing fantasy poker, you create your very own team of poker professionals, and then watch on as they (hopefully) win big in live tournaments across the world. Essentially, you are acting as the owner of a team, competing against other fantasy teams, created by players just like you, and earn points based on how your team perform over an allocated period of time.
How does the scoring work?
You will win points based on how your fantasy poker players perform during poker’s biggest sporting events, including the World Series of Poker, the European Poker Tour (EPT) and the World Poker Tour (WPT). The better the players you’ve selected for your team perform, the more points you accrue. The fantasy poker player who earns the most points during the season, wins. Typically, you will be awarded points for your players reaching the money, and a specific number of points based on where they place. However, you might encounter the ‘money earned’ variety of scoring in some leagues. This scoring system awards one point for every dollar your players earn in the competitions.
How do I play fantasy poker?
You can either form a fantasy poker league with a group of friends, and play amongst yourselves using a standard point scoring system, or you can opt to join one of the larger public online leagues – where you will encounter tens of thousands of players. Often, these larger poker leagues are what’s known as a ‘permanent league’, which means participants select their team of poker players at the beginning of the season, and they are stuck with them until the end. This means, you can’t swap players in and out according to how they perform – so be sure to choose wisely at the start of the season! There are also ‘Interchangeable leagues’ for you to join if you’d prefer a little more hands on play. In this instance, you are able to switch players in and out depending on, for example, what discipline of poker is being played. In the case of smaller leagues, where you’ll typically find between four to twelve players, many opt to get together and have a draft to determine who gets what players.
As you can see, getting started in fantasy poker is easy as can be. Either rope in your mate and create your own league, or sign up to a public league today.
https://www.myfantasysportstalk.com/what-is-fantasy-poker-and-can-i-play/https://i0.wp.com/www.myfantasysportstalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/gaming_poker_cards-1024×614.jpg?fit=1024%2C614&ssl=1https://i0.wp.com/www.myfantasysportstalk.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/gaming_poker_cards-1024×614.jpg?resize=150%2C150&ssl=12019-12-03T11:08:46-05:00Guest PostRecent Postsfantasy pokerIf you enjoy nothing more than seeing how your favorite poker players perform in live tournaments like the World Series of Poker (WSOP), fantasy poker could be for you. Sure, we’ve all heard of fantasy football and fantasy baseball, and have probably had a bash, or known someone that’s…Guest Post
Top Ten Poker Products
- Poker chip set housed in a silver aluminum case
- Includes 500 11.5-gram Claytec striped dice poker chips
- 150 white and 100 blue chips; 150 red chips; 50 green and 50 black chips
- Da Vinci Imports
- ONE KIT, SO MANY OPTIONS: You don't need a casino to achieve the thrill of a high stakes poker or blackjack game. With the Rally and Roar poker accessories set, this all-inclusive...
- WHAT YOU RECEIVE: Our poker playing supplies include 500 chips (11.5g), 2 full decks of cards, 1 dealer chip, large and small blind chips, 5 resin dice (19mm), and an aluminum travel...
- SUPERIOR CRAFTSMANSHIP: The gambling sets exude high-quality, professional-grade build. From the protective, aluminum shell of the case to the durable, detailed chips, our complete game...
- Includes 200 dual-toned poker chips
- One deck of poker cards plus dealer chips
- Housed in a beautiful and sturdy aluminum case
- 100pcs of plastic counters/mini poker chips/Game tokens with storage box
- Diameter: 1 inch (25mm)
- Great for Sorting, Colors, Matching and more!
- 11.5 gram chips
- Dice Striped chip design
- One roll of 50 chips
- Chips are heavy 14 gram clay composite with denominations as shown
- Attractive chip design with a golden laser ring around the chips
- Due to high quality material the chips stack up nicely without slipping